Beginnings...

6.11.2008


December 2007... After three and a half years, I stopped teaching... For three and a half years (Plus one more year if you count Teacher's College) I had spent my days planning and creating... As of January, I found myself at home... Waiting for my first baby to be born... Don't get me wrong... This was something I had been waiting for for a few years! And God had finally blessed me with an easy pregnancy (The labour and delivery... not so much... but that's another story!)

In the first few weeks after Brennah's birth, I was too tired to miss anything... But as life settled in I began to crave a creative outlet... Much of my days are now filled with the wonderful tasks of taking care of Bren and her daddy, my husband Jay... But I found myself with some free time... After the cooking, cleaning, reading and feeding... And I wanted to use it wisely...

When Jay and I got married five years ago, I had made all the jewellrey for our wedding (Except my earrings... can't take credit for those)... With some free time on my hands, I decided to once again take up my long forgotten hobby... And so I did... I had forgotten how engaging it could be... In a matter of a few weeks, I taught myself several new techniques (Thank-you Brampton Library) and purchased some amazing materials (Thank-you Etsy)... As I spent time exploring Etsy, I decided that it might be fun to try my hand at selling my pieces on-line...

My site has been up for a few days now... Still no sales... But I'm hopeful...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails