Weekend Project {Spice Rack Bookshelves}

8.26.2011

Back in May, I featured some child friendly bookshelves... Everything's been on a bit of a budget here these days, so I was thrilled to try out an idea for Spice Rack bookshelves in Leah's room... I purchased the spice racks from 'Ikea' for an amazing $7 a piece, painted them with acrylic paint in a lovely shade of lilac, put them together and then my handy husband hung them up in Leah's room to feature some of her favourite books! Why not try them out this weekend for yourself?

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love the color you chose to paint them, a refreshing change from white or pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really are incredible little shelves aren't they and I can see myself buying them again and again for various children's rooms and playrooms. They work so well together in groups, don't they?
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca I love this idea. I have this thing for children's books. I always want to get more for my kids to encourage their imagination. This would be a great way to promote reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails